Saturday, June 13, 2009

Too long
















Yes, it's been too long since my last post...but I was depressed! My computer crashed and I lost all my photos from the last 8 mos. Don't even get me started. Since then, let's see, Emily just got back from a week at girl scout camp, Bret is heading to camp tomorrow, and we start VBS Mon. morning. I am doing the decorations for it and we've been in the whole mindset of it for the last 2 wks. or so. I'm all about the "Louisiana bayou" and all it has to offer. I love getting the church looking all "in theme" and different for the kids to walk in and see the first time. It's like their own little mini Disney for a week. We're actually not in the church proper, but in the family life center. I do tons of painting and scavenging of props, etc. Anyway, it's fun. My friend Kim just had her 12th baby. Unbelievable. (pictured above) I started walking again. I do it every time I have a baby or some weight to lose (which seems like my whole lifetime!) so that's good. I'm trying to go 4 miles most days. Right now we're cleaning up the yard after a huge storm blew through yesterday and knocked a jillion branches into the yard. That's about all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Michael has gotten. I miss you guys so much!

Have fun with VBS, and I would be devistated if we had a computer crash. I want to get one of those boxes where you can back everything up onto it. They're like $100, but I think they would be worth it. All we do are digital pic's anymore, and they would all be gone!

Michele said...

ok, im sending you a link to an online backup site that doesnt require you to do anything but pay a yearly fee. easypeasy.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of your parish's VBS. As far as I can tell, ours doesn't even do one....maybe we can import you for next year...?