Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fiber











Michael is into lots of things. Totally orally fixated, which is normal, I know. This was him as we were putting up our tree. Surely can't hurt him if he doesn't actually get any bark down, right? Then there's Gramp's oral fixation...let me define. Pipe smoking, (but only once since he's been here, cause he can't get outside without a little help) and denture cleaning. The girls stare at him fixated whenever he pops his dentures out to lick 'em clean of any food debris. They're horrified, but can't look away. I can't help but laugh...Emily turned and slowly put her yogurt back in the fridge after one such episode...I was dying. She said, "I just don't think I can eat right now.." Too funny. Well, Christmas is getting closer and closer! I haven't sent cards yet; heck I haven't even begun to get the pic processed yet! I'm tempted to do the whole ecard option. It's probably a greener option anyway... The days are SO busy lately, it's like the energy level is ramping up, and then Chrismas week it all settles down, thank God! Maybe I'll be able to drag my kids over to my poxxy friend Kim's by then, if they're all "pox free." We've all had it, but not Michael, and I'm selfishly trying to avoid poxxy baby at Christmas. Plus, I'm pretty sure it would be bad for Gramp...although, he is ONE TOUGH COOKIE. He fell over into the bathtub the other night. Yes, from standing upright to falling over; right into the bathtub. The leaning tower of Gramp. Broken bones? Bruises? No. Nothing. Like he's made out of petrified rock or something. What is it that makes him so well-preserved??? Milk? (always drinks it) Sardines (either he really loves them, or he just ate them to gross out my Gram) Smoking a pipe for 50+ years??? Who knows! It's amazing. Although, he is losing some of his sharpness, and maybe it's from those "fainting spells" he was having at my house a couple of weeks ago...can't remember which siblings are still alive or not (none), where his money is (my dad's running that ship), or how he ended up in Memphis of all places! He's given me the address of the funeral home back home several times, in case I should forget. "One of these days you'll have to put a tag on my toe and ship me home to CT!" Grim. Yes, but he says it to make me laugh, so I do. "Which toe Gramp?" lol.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I can eat, and I'm just READING about Gramp's dentures. Seriously. As I sat down to read your blog, I was feeling hungry, and thinking I might could go for a cookie or something fabulously healthy. like that. Then I read about Gramp's post-meal snack, and just like Emily, I find myself unable to eat right now.

Gramp is the new weight loss secret!

kim trouy said...

i miss you! and that is nothing,we now have a flesh eating virus, well, not yet, thank the good Lord!