Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Who needs amusment parks?

Not me! This is one of those blog entries that you'll probably figure I'm drunk or hormonal when I write it. I just want to ooze my gratitude for my friends here. Who needs a thrilling roller coaster ride when I can just go out to our fav. corner hang-out and spend a "mom's night out" with the girls and run the full gammit of conversation?? Or in someone's living room, dining room, or kitchen? We can go from one end of the spectrum to another within 2 seconds. And everyone hangs on and can ride with it...we can be splurting out our drinks with laughter in one breath, and delving into depths of consciousness and faith in another. My SIL once said that we spend so much time "finding our people" during life, well, I've found mine. All the filters are off with them. So many of our criterion are the same.. and the raw experience of life is exposed. We don't need to spend time figuring out how each other feels about this or that. We already know. So then we can jump into the nuances of our daily struggles with zeal and understanding, and curiosity, and appreciation like I've found with no other groups of people. Maybe a handful of people in life can get that moment of commonality, but here, we're all onboard. It's times like this that I'm so grateful for these friends. After laughing till my cheeks hurt, and contemplating life in new ways, I leave SO fulfilled and grateful!!! AND, I'm sure we'll all be financially stable from the proceeds of our BOOK once it's published. Thanks to each of you who I treasure! I LOVE this roller coaster ride!!

1 comment:

Kim Trouy said...

I would seriously love to recapture our conversation last night. I, of course, can only recall the ameba analogy.... lol! Seriously, next time, I am bringing a recorder!

I love all you guys! God is so good to have put us all in the same place together, if only for a short time!