Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vacation at my parent's

The front porch of my parent's place..and all the grandkids
Rachael, Maya, and Sophie


Shannon and me.

Michael looking over his shoulder at the raging river and thinking about how to get there. Later, of course, big brother Bret fell into said river-with the camera in his pocket!



We went to a "gem mining' place where the kids sift through a bucket of dirt to find lots of treasures. It's a huge hit.




We spent a really fun week at my mom and dad's place in N. Carolina. My sister, b-i-l, and their kids came as well. We swam, walked, shopped, fished, ate out, waded, cooked, laughed, entertained guests, argued, made smores, and even fit in a little sleeping-in late in the mornings. It was great. My sister and mom busied themselves in the kitchen mostly as I slacked off lounging around the house...thanks guys! The breakfasts and desserts were always great, and I am sporting the extra 5 lbs. to prove it. Now, it's back to the grind here, cleaning, cooking, washing and finishing the last details to be ready for school to begin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to go to a gem-finding place! That sounds like wild fun!