Monday, February 16, 2009

The bug

We have the bug. The intestinal one...you know the drill. Your stomach starts to hurt a little. Then a lot. Then you know you must run, not walk, but run to the bathroom. Rachael and I battled it on Valentines day. The next night, Sophie came into my room and promptly threw up on my blanket at 2 a.m. Puke, clean, repeat. All night. Big Bret jumped on the bandwagon at about 5 a.m. after Sophie. We woke up this morning (well, some of us were already up..) and apparently little Bret felt the same way during the night, but was less, "symptomatic." And this, on his birthday. Poor kid. He always requests fettucini alfredo for his bday dinner, but not tonight. We'll have to do it in a couple of days, when we all can handle it better. Emily seems to have dodged it, so lucky her! Today has been a day of tackling the laundry mountain resulting from the last 3 days. I'm almost done. One last set of sheets washing right now. Seems it's going around the city. Lovely. I promised I'd wake Bret up later, when it's his REAL birthday moment...so I'll keep cleaning till then!

No comments: