Tuesday, February 24, 2009

RETREAT!

My (big) son Bret went on retreat last weekend with the St. Francis youth group. He was the token jr. high kid amongst all high school kids; invited to "groom" him for leadership in high school. He had a blast. He knew all the kids already from the youth group, and some from VBS volunteering, and of course, all are on facebook! lol. I have always loved going on retreat, but in my life have only done it a handful of times. Each time I'm always rewarded with some spiritual gem, some moment of intimacy with my creator. All the talks, the food, the silence, the small groups, all are sort of filler for that one moment I get. It's all worth it, and the food is always good too...I'm so glad Bret has started on that path of "retreat moments." They last you a lifetime and sustain you faith whenever you end up in a crisis. Otherwise in the house, Emily dodged the bug last week, but it caught her today. Michael is a bundle of energy ready to run all over the world, and heaven help you if you attempt to restrain the little bugger. He wants to run! I can't wait to let him out to play this spring and summer! Ash Wed. begins lent tomorrow, and everyone has their plan to focus inward (that's code for "giving something up") in prep for Easter. We as a family will add another prayer to our repertoire, I think the anime Christae (spelling it is part of the learning it...), and add a daily Mass to our week. We might stalk Fr. Martin's daily Masses. Okay, onto other things!

No comments: