Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July, and hair
















We spent the 4th at our friend's the Strini's place, swimming and eating and generally having fun. Michael had fun throwing anything he could lift into the pool, including most everyone's abandoned shoes. Late in the day, he decided the pool was fun to jump into, repeatedly. Now, he has no fear of water; crap. My husband is accumulating a fan club of people that think he looks like Keith Urban. I guess he's some country music singer, don't know, never listen to the stuff, but since he's sporting a beard and long hair, they think he looks like him. I remember marrying a clean-cut guy, which has always been appealling to me, so I'm really struggling as um, well, clean-cut is SO much more appealling to me. So, I try and grin whenever the next country-music-fan gushes to my husband that he looks "just like Keith Urban!" and wonder, painfully, how long this phase will last. This is one of those marriage things right? What I like, and what I had is gone, and now I have to embrace the "new and not-so-improved" (totally in my opinion). Sigh. The struggles of being married to famous look-alikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have been thinking he looks like someone I know, and everybody is right, he does look like Keith Urban. And I can't believe you don't know who Keith Urban is!! I love ya anyway!

Love the shoes in the pool part. So cute!