Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Back in time

My grandparents as I always remember them! Gram and Gramp!
Nancy, my "new" cousin! Standing under our common heritage! lol!



My grandfather is about 18 here, and is in glasses.



This is my grandfather's childhood home, his sisters, and parents.







This is my grandmother's family. She's about 17 here. We think it's all but one sibling, (and she had a twin that died at birth) and my gram is the second one from the left. My kids think I look like her, and I'm kind of amazed at the resemblance too.





So, I reunited with a long lost cousin (we share the same great grandparents) and it's been really cool to catch up and try and figure out the nuances of our family. Thanks to you Nancy, I have new pictures of my relatives. (and info!) My dad and I recently tried to piece together much of my grandfather's life chronologically, and it's funny to realize how much we don't know! That stoic generation of MEN, "you just don't talk about that stuff." Anyway, it's interesting and enlightening. Summer is going by, and the 4th of July is upon us. From here it always seems to go fast right into school. Bret has been volunteering with the Missionaries of Charity summer camp as a counsellor. That's been fun for him. I think he's crushing on one of the girls there. (insert eye-roll) We're getting some stuff done around the house, but trying to just take it easy before the busy fall hits again.

No comments: