Monday, November 10, 2008

Cracker Barrel

We took Gramp to Cracker Barrel and Shelby Farms yesterday. He had bkfst., and read the paper while the kids and I ran around the playground. All went well, but today he's sleeping it off for the most part. Otherwise, nothing too wild to report here. School as usual, kids all doing well. Rachael and I worked and worked at "getting" the concept of rounding numbers. Just when you think she has it, she doesn't. So, we did some creative stuff that involved drawing various shoe styles on the number's "feet" and personifying the number, and VOILA! She gets it! I love homeschooling! The muppets should do homeschooling videos for various subjects; don't you think Cari?? OH! I forgot to mention the MOUNTAINS of leaves we have amassing at the bottom of our driveway, from the friendly neighbor with a leaf blower. I'll try and have pictures one day. Just picture the girls running from the top of the driveway to the leaf pile at full speed, and barely denting the pile!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I've let Schoolhouse Rock do most of my American History lessons so far.

Kim Trouy said...

I have let school house rock teach math, history, english and science! it is amazing what the kids learn and with no effort at all from me!

I totally am up for the muppets to do something even if they are racy and sexually charged! right Cari?