Monday, November 3, 2008

Not the Waltons

Although I may envision our house as the warm, stable, welcoming place, neat and tidy and predictable...somehow that's not exactly what happens. Our weekend summary: Bret finally made it home!!! The kids were thrilled when they were woken at 6:30 in the morning to see his tired, travel-weary face. Well, that and the werewolf beard and hair. To which Emily said. "Daddy, that's got to go." (My sister Shannon saw Bret before he left FL. She said, "He looks like he was left in a forest...and then found as a lone survivor..." )He's been asleep for the better part of his time here...I'm sure trying to catch up and get used to sleeping, rather than working, at night. Then he jumped on his Harley to do errands. (Did Mr. Walton have a Harley?) Also, in my eager efforts to keep up this wknd, I washed Gramp's clothes. All of them. Including the billfold and the HEARING AID. Yes. The hearing aid. It's not designed for Maytag rides. Luckily, my sister has cable. And infomercials. She had ordered, and then mailed to me the "as seen on t.v." "LISTEN UP," a personal amplifier thingy. It works. And he's using it. I'll try not to wash it. We also had our annual "all saints day party" with the homeschoolers. It's adorable. The kids all dress up as their fav. saint and get to tell about their lives and what made them holy. (and play games for candy) We always love to dress up for it. Except this year. It was all I could do to prepare for Halloween, AND our history group. The kids went as "all-Saint's-Day-observers" this year. BUT, we also ran the "save the shroud from the convent fire" booth. Which is fun because there's fire, and squirtguns. It's a recipe for fun!! I picked a room to set up that had no fire sprinklers. ('cause you KNOW we'd get hosed !) So anyway, on Sunday when Bret walked by Gramp's room and his bed was covered with cash bills spread out on newspaper, he wondered what the heck??? I simply explained that we'd been laundering money.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For some odd, and creepy reason, I had two dreams last night with Brett in them. I guess all of Tennessee/Mississippi heaved a big sigh of relief when he got home safely.

And yes, he was covered in the facial hair in my dream.

You know, just delete this comment. It's icky.