Saturday, October 11, 2008

birthdays and terrapins






Rachael had a successful "spa" birthday party this weekend. Several little girls came over and obliterated a pinata, ate ice cream sandwiches and various other junk food items, and watched "The Parent Trap" while they had their nails painted. Then they slept under a tent that big sister Emily engineered. The girls did their Clare of Assisi skit at history group; all went well. We spent the afternoon at Octoberfest, and now Sophie has a stomach ache (hmmm...too much junk food maybe???) I got a little more painting done on two rooms that are "in process," and Bret said it like it truly feels, "I don't think we're ever going to finish painting!" Tonight I had a nice laugh with several parents at our annual parent's dinner with the homeschooling grp. Michael was my date, and he definately had fun attempting to get lots of attention, although his little buddy Simon was a little competition in that department. Thanks to Adam for giving him a man-fix. Now I'm going to try and get some sleep before someone else wakes up in an abdominal crisis after all the candy/soda/fried dough. Yes. I did give them all of that. I'm blaming myself!!!! :-)) Oh yeah, and the girls found a terrapin! I thought it was a 'turtle' but Bret corrected me and told me that it's a TERRAPIN, so, there ya go! They only kept it for a little while and then let it go. Faith wanted to know how to tell if it was a girl or a boy. Hey, I thought it was a turtle, how should I know?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How does one tell the difference between a terripin, a turtle, and a tortise?

Not only can I NOT spell, but I can't tell the difference between my reptiles.

Jen James said...

Thank you Cari, for having pity on me and leaving me a note that really translates into: "hey girl, someone out here actually read your blog!" lol

Unknown said...

It MIGHT translate that way, but I really NEED to know now that the difference is between the aforementioned animals. I'm feeling more and more insecure by the minute knowing I lack that bit of knowledge.