Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MMMOOOO!






Today we went to Mr. Peter's farm! He is a sweet old man who came to live here from Germany many years ago and loves dairy farming. He says he has never had a bad day at work! The girls got the "talking tour" of how to milk a cow, and life on the dairy farm. I was ashamed to say that the first thing out of Mr. Peter's mouth when he met the girls was, "looks like they need to get out in the sun some!" They met the goats, the cows, the dogs, the kittens and the calves. We brought home 5 gallons of fresh milk, and next we'll make some butter from the milk fat. So fun. We're such city people, we've lost so much knowledge! Anyway, enjoy the pics!

5 comments:

SteveJ said...

That looks like fun. I like seeing the barn kitten!

Unknown said...

I want some of Farmer Whosit's milk! Hook us up!

Jen James said...

I totally knew you'd be wantin the hook-up!!! Yeah, we got 5 gallons, so I'm not sure how long it'll last, but you KNOW when I go back, you and the newly prego one are comin with me!!

Kim Trouy said...

am i the newly prego one or is it one of the others? and why are we talking in code?

Jen James said...

Yes, you ARE the newly prego one. We talk in code because it appears to be really trendy on blogs...lol No, at the time, I didn't know who knew, and since my readership is so international, I was tiptoeing.