Monday, October 6, 2008

Rachael's birthday and a plug for water pik




Today was day 3 of our keeping a friend's 2 yr. old while she is out of t0wn. (just one more day). I say "friend" but mean Bret's co-worker's son. i.e. we don't know either very well. So put a 2 yr. old who has no sibs into my mix for 2 days. He is perplexed at sharing, prayers, dinnertime banter, etc.. And he's 2, so, "there ya' go" as Mrs. Palin says! Overall he's been okay, and has bonded with little Bret and Rachael pretty well. He was psyched to be at Rachael's birthday party; and yes, she is now 7!!! I'm always so happy to celebrate with each of them, but especially HER. Bret is still out of town, and we're plugging along without him. Poor guy is going to sleep for a week when he gets home. (he's working nights under deadline pressure). Random thought-shift. Now that I have old teeth, I found a fab. new product. This handheld little water pik. $30 at Walgreens. Totally fabulous for getting REALLY clean gums. (amazing what you do with your time when your husband is out of town) We also went to a pro-life event this weekend. We were in a procession with a local parish, to a busy artery here in town where we stood and prayed, and were just a visible awareness for passers-by. You won't see us in the picture because we were at the END of the procession. First we screeched in just after they left, and second it's hard to catch -up when the girls are busy picking up all the pretty rose petals that had been thrown on the ground. :-)))) It was a national thing. The paper came by to take pictures, but of course, stories like that NEVER get published! And that is the news here. I'm going to try and post some pics of Rachael's birthday, but if I'm unsuccessful, I'll consult my friend Cari and see if she'll give me a blogspot tutorial.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay pictures! I'm trying to peek around the kids to see your house- how horrible is that? I think I'm finallly ready (read: not so pregnant) to hoof it up to see your fabulous new house.

I see the Sisters from the Missionaries of Charity in your pictures- Lotus loves them!

More pictures, more posts, and, oh yeah, WTH is tht picture of Bret? He looks like the Wild Man of Borneo!

Jen James said...

Yes! Please come on up! I'll be sure and pull up the remaining tack strips so as not to impale anyone's face...and did you not know that Bret IS the wild man of Borneo? I promised the blog would entertain!!! :-) The sisters of charity...ah what can I say? I love them too. There is one that came to Rachael's bedside with the relic of Mother Theresa when she was SO sick. Every time we see her, she has to come over and say hi to Rachael and tell her how much the blessed Mother loves her!