Thursday, October 23, 2008

Settling in...


Well, after a little anxiety and some disorientation last night, we are doing much better today. Gramp seems very relaxed, took some naps, read some papers, and is getting his bearings around the house. We are getting his services all in place. He had a couple bites to eat, but really doesn't have any desire to eat much...but then again I NEVER remember him eating too much of anything, so, it's pretty normal. I'm just giving him the reins to eat and do what he wants, when he wants, in the hopes that he acclimates and claims the place as home better if I'm not pushy. Thanks so much to Ellen and Steve who talked me down last night when the reality hit me. The kids are just following business as usual, except they now have the added issue of a blasting t.v. on btwn. Gramp's naps....:-).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that he's all settled in, rearrange the furniture during one of his naps, but refuse to acknowledge that you did so.

Repeat.

Jen James said...

You are so twisted and wrong. I can't stop laughing...