Thursday, October 30, 2008

Jen weilds a knife
















We had a totally spectacular afternoon today. Thankfully we had finished school, and the girls and I went out to crank up the fire-pit and work on some pumpkin carving. My parents had come for one evening as they were speeding through the work of emptying out Gramp's apt. in CT, and then delivering some of the smaller more valuable items here. The rest of the loot (cases full of cash and collectible gold and silver items....) are on a truck headed this way. So, unfortunately they missed the pretty day and the smokey fire; sorry guys! You were missed too. Bret called during school and talked to all the girls, making everyone more anxious about his returning sometime in the next several days. (Maybe then the burgers on the grill will come out less..."blackened" looking). So, the pumpkins are carved, the burgers are burned, Gramp is eating well, and all is looking good as we wrap up October

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I had a fire pit. Best I have is when I burn the soup.